Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Broken Through

I AM Has Broken Through

My people have waited through the ages

They’ve said we weren’t Kosher enough

They’ve said we spoke the wrong languages

They said our skin was too dark or life too rough

Our hair too long, we weren’t part of the few

That was until I am broke through


Peter didn’t want to eat it

It wasn’t Kosher enough

His fear of doing wrong

Had pushed him this far

Just then, the 3 men

Father, Son, Holy Spirit?

The great I am has come


Cornelius, the great general, is headed this way

They shouted in unison, loud and strong

A great man is he, a follower of YHWH

They said his color and speech are all wrong

But he loves the I am and loves his neighbors

No matter what their size, shape, or colors


He plays no favorites they say

His love covers east and west

His arms spread in every way

No more us, them, and the rest

We are no longer part of the few

Thank you God for breaking through

No comments:

Post a Comment